Since the Coronavirus Pandemic began, the desire to be meeting back in our building has been, of course, our ultimate goal. Because the threat of sickness is still there, we're now in Phase 2 of our plan to fully re-open everything.
During Phase 2, we will be meeting back inside our building, but services will look different than before.
We will continue to keep our service to an hour with no kids ministry. Due to the fact that we'll have limited seating, seating registration (click here to get signed up) will be required to attend in-person service. We will continue to offer our services online at 9 am for the live-stream. Families will reserve their seats and sit together during services.
We will offer 2 service times to reserve your seats from, 9am & 11am. Please, for the sake of ensuring everyone is able to attend, we ask that you only choose to attend one.
How will this work?
Our sanctuary has been re-set in chair groupings of differing sizes to allow for social distancing. When you arrive, one of our amazing ushers will help you find your seats. Please continue to observe the 6 foot social distancing guidelines so as to honor to others (even if you are not) who may be concerned about getting sick and to keep others safe during this season.
To do our best to curb anyone getting sick, we ask you exchange hugs and handshakes for waves.
Also, the lobby and common areas will be closed and we ask that bathrooms are reserved for 'emergency' purposes.
The doors will be propped open and our greeters will be holding welcome signs and doors, rather than shaking hands.
We will not distribute any bulletins or printed materials.
There will be no coffee or donut served at this time.
If you need to sneeze or cough, please cover your mouth and nose or sneeze into your elbow.
If you are sick, have a fever, or have been around someone with Covid-19, we ask that you stay home and watch online.
Following the service, you will be dismissed by row/section and will need to exit to the parking lot immediately so that we can properly clean and disinfect the space for the next service.
What are we doing to keep things clean?
We've got at team who will be cleaning seats, all the high-touch areas, and cleaning bathrooms before each service.
Hand sanitizing stations are set up throughout the building. We encourage their frequent use.
Drinking fountains will not be available for use.
Why not in person kids' ministry?
Because it's virtually impossible to keep kids 'socially distant,' unfortunately there will be no in-person kids' ministry at this time. Kids will be offered an activity bag with the day's lesson, crayons, and other surprises as they come with their family to service. Our kids' team will continue to make lessons and content available weekly for our kids to learn and grow. There will be instructions in the activity bag on how to log on. You can see more about this below in FAQ's.
Will I need to register each time I want to attend a service?
For the time being, yes. Each week we will offer an online sign up for you and/or your family to reserve your seating. This is the only way we can effectively stay at capacity under the current guidelines. Seating availability is a first come-first serve basis. We will continue to monitor our attendance and if need be, add more services.
Mask or No Mask?
For those who wish to wear a mask and have forgotten one, we'll have some available for you at the door. We will not be requiring masks to attend. Friends, we represent the love of Christ at all times. Whether you choose to wear a mask or not, please respect each other's choice and ways of keeping themselves safe and healthy.
What if I choose to worship from home during this season?
No problem! Our services will continue to be broadcast online. You can find our live stream here.
How do I begin online giving?
Please use this easy link to set up a secured online account. You can also mail in your tithe (Bridgeview Church, 20500 County Rd. 11 NW, Big Lake, MN) or you may drop it at the office during office hours.
Our children's and youth ministry will still be able to minister to your children and youth through the posting of curriculum videos, online Bible Community Bible studies, and handouts that can be printed at home to do together. This will be posted on Sunday mornings and available all week long for you to use.
Please check our social media channels, website and emails to stay up to date
as we continue to prayerfully consider next steps.
- Will we have church on Sunday? We will plan on beginning in-person services at the church beginning June 7th at 9am and 11am, and will still continue at 9am (*note time change) our online format.
- What if I do not have internet? Please contact the church office (763-263-6274) and we will do our best to get you a copy of the audio message.
- Is the office still open? Yes, but office times are not always regular. Please call us first at 763-263-6274 to ensure we'll be here when you come.
- What if I need prayer, counsel, or to talk with someone? You can Facebook Messenger us, email, or call the office (763-263-6274). We're absolutely here to help if you need it!
- What is happening with Youth Ministry? Our Wednesday nights will continue to be livestreamed at 6:30pm. We are planning on resuming in-person youth service beginning June 17th with guidelines in place for safe meetings. Stay connected to our Facebook page @bvcyth or on Instagram @bvcyth. If you would like to be a part of our parent email list and you are not already, please email Pastor Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children’s Ministry: We will continue our online video based format as well as provide Kid Activity bags for them to work on during our 1 hour in-person services. These activities will coincide with their own online church service that that can access on our BVC Kids Youtube channel. Pastor Sterling will continue to provide video links that have been prepared for children. Sundays at 10am these links will be ready for kids to engage in. If you haven't connected to our BVC Kids Ministry group on Facebook, click here. Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays links for devotions will be available for families as well. If you have any questions, you can contact Pastor Sterling at email@example.com. For early childhood questions, contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What about Spring Connection Groups and other scheduled meetings? Spring Connection groups are happening now online. If you are interested in joining our online community- click on this link now!
- How are we helping the community? That has definitely not stopped during this time! We continue to give to many local, national, and world ministries. In addition, we are working on ways to connect with the community and serving. If you are willing to volunteer to help in some way, please sign up here.
- What about the building project? We are still moving forward. This week we have seen significant progress. Drive by and take a look. We will also post pictures and continue with our monthly emails for updates.
- Can I use the church to get together with people? Possible, as long as it follows the guidelines of the CDC. Please submit a calendar request and we will be in touch with you.
- How long will this last for? At this time, each day is constantly changing. As soon as recommendations are lifted we will look into our next steps where the end goal is back to a full plate of services and activities for everyone.
1 Corinthians 15:58
"Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord."