Please check out this Video from Pastor Steve!
This developing coronavirus situation requires us to continuously evaluate new developments and our response to them. Due to the recent orders and our desire to protect the health and welfare of our entire church, we have decided to suspend all in-person services and gatherings starting Wednesday, March 18th until further notice. We will continue to evaluate this on a week by week basis to see if any new developments allow us to gather once again.
This is not an easy decision, because we love gathering as a church. I certainly believe in the power of healing and that gathering is of the utmost importance. We have not made this decision as a leadership team based on fear, but out of a desire to protect the vulnerable, those with compromised immune system, the elderly and the one who they depend on for care. This decision was made with wisdom, discernment and the utmost seriousness of thought.
Our services will continue to occur through an online format. You can find our live stream here. Please plan on joining us as an online community on Sundays beginning at 10am.
How do I continue giving? Please use this easy link to set up a secured online account. You can also mail in your tithe (Bridgeview Church, 20500 County Rd. 11 NW, Big Lake, MN) or drop it at the office during our open hours Monday through Friday, 9am-4pm.
Our children's and youth ministry will still be able to minister to your children and youth through the posting of curriculum videos, online Bible Community Bible studies, and handouts that can be printed at home to do together. This will be posted on Sunday mornings and available all week long for you to use. Please see our FAQ's (frequently Asked Questions) below for more details.
Please check our social media channels, website and emails to stay up to date as we continue to prayerfully consider next steps.
- Will we have church on Sunday? We will not be meeting at the church, but will be going to an online format.
- What if I do not have internet? Please contact the church office (763-263-6274) and we will do our best to get you a copy of the audio message.
- Is the office still open? Yes, we will be open our normal office hours until something changes. We do not anticipate closing the office. Our hours are Monday through Thursday, 9am-4pm.
- Will the church doors be open on Sundays? Yes, but we will not have a meeting. This is only for absolute needs. We will not be streaming the service from the building.
- What if I need prayer, counsel, or to talk with someone? You can Facebook Messenger us, email, or call the office (763-263-6274).
- Is there a plan for connection? Not at this time, but be assured, we are continuing to work on a plan. Our commitment as a staff is to honor the guidelines of the CDC while also providing needed connection, however that may look.
- Can we still give? Yes, it is very easy to give online here: or you can mail in your tithes or drop it off during office hours. Our address is 20500 County Rd. 11 NW, Big Lake, MN 55309.
- What is happening with Youth Ministry? Our Wednesday nights will now be livestream at 6:30pm. We will also be increasing our online presence. Stay connected to our Facebook page @bvcyth or on Instagram @bvcyth. If you would like to be a part of our parent email list and you are not already, please email Pastor Tyler at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children’s Ministry: We will be going to an online video based format. This is the perfect opportunity to be a voice in your child’s life. Whether you have never done devotionals or do them every day, we will provide quality content to enable you to minister to your child. Pastor Sterling will provide video links that have been prepared for children. Sundays at 10am these links will be ready for kids to engage in. If you haven't connected to our BVC Kids Ministry group on Facebook, click here. Monday, Wednesdays and Fridays links for devotions will be available for families as well. If you have any questions, you can contact Pastor Sterling at email@example.com. For early childhood questions, contact Wendy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What about Spring Connection Groups and other scheduled meetings? At this time, Spring Connection groups are postponed and all gatherings of 10 or more are cancelled. Please look for more information on connection coming in the future.
- How are we helping the community? We are working on ways to connect with the community and serving. If you are willing to volunteer to help in some way, please sign up here.
- What about the building project? We are still moving forward. This week we have seen significant progress. Drive by and take a look. We will also post pictures and continue with our monthly newsletters for updates.
- Are we open for suggestions on meeting together? Yes, but please understand that we can’t honor every suggestion, but would love to hear your ideas.
- Can I use the church to get together with people? Possibility, as long as it follows the guidelines of the CDC. Please submit a calendar request and we will be in touch with you.
- How long will this last for? At this time, each day is constantly changing. As soon as recommendations are lifted we will look into our next steps of gathering together and will be going back to in person format as soon as would be possible.
Remember, in Christ, we believe the best is yet to come!
"Be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord."